Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Have A Dream Series: "People will make a change in their lives"- Martha

People Will Make A Change In Their Lives

One day I will help the ones in need. The ones in pain and the ones with little opportunities. One day I will give people in Mexico and other countries the opportunity to learn and go to school. One day I will grow up to be a pediatrician and provide help to cure the ones with health problems. I have a dream...That one day all the people in our society will realize how lucky we are to have the things we do. To be able to go to school. To be able to have a good nutritious meal. To be able to have a home, a shelter, that provides comfort and protection. And to be able to have clothes that protects us from the cold. One day we will realize all the things that we have and how important they are. We may not realize it until it's all gone. And at that point you will need it more than you ever did and you will miss it when it's all gone. I have learned to give thanks for all the opportunities that have come through my life. Also, for having loving parents that want the best for me. I am thankful for being born in a country where I can go to school. I am so happy I have this dream that will benefit me in the future. That will also benefit others. That will bring happiness and love in others lives. That will bring others motivation to help other people the way I will. And that will help me become a better person. I truly believe that everyone has the ability to help the ones in need. It doesn't matter how small the help is, what matters is the good intentions they have to help. One day and I hope that day comes soon where everyone realizes what is in their power to do, because one little action can lead to bigger changes. One-way my life has changed was in that moment when I help the poor in Mexico. During my Christmas vacation in Mexico I took the time to go to a homeless shelter and I donated clothes for them. I still remember how thankful and happy they were receiving the clothes. I also remember a little 5-year-old kid walking up to me. He asked me if I wanted to buy some gum. He also told me that he couldn't go to school because his family was poor and he need to help support his family. From that point on I started to think different. If you have a dream like mine and really believe, it can change your perspective, your life, and others too. This is my dream.

-Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment