Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thinking of others

A post from Audrey:

Being in Guatemala has been such an amazing experience! I think my favorite part so far is meeting the other Young Dreamer here in Guatemala. Though there is a language barrier I am still able to communicate with the little Spanish I know. I wish I could fully understand what it is like to live in Guatemala, and it is sad how most people including me had/have no idea what the living conditions are like. I believe instead of us judging them or trying to make Guatemala more like America we should have compassion and just help them improve the living conditions by not changing the culture, but by donating clothes or money. I think we can never fully understand their life unless we live it, and I am still trying to understand, but if we all take the time to learn and appreciate what we have we will realize how blessed we are and we can help others. We all ( including me)put ourselves before others but I think if America can think of others first we can be the first country to not to be selfish but generous and I know with hard work and perspiration we can make the world a much better place for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment