Sunday, March 27, 2011

A post From Emma

Hi! I’m Emma, one of the California Young Dreamers. I’m really excited about our anti-bullying campaign. I love writing poetry, and I was so excited that I wrote a poem about stopping bullying...

My name is not the one you give me
My name is the one I choose
In this cruel game you play
You’re the one who will lose

I am taking back my power
I am taking back the right
For you to tell me who to be
You’d best be prepared to fight

‘Cause I can not give up this battle
I can not give up this fight
Even if you are standing alone
Stand up for what is right

I will be who I am
Love who I want
Learn what I will
Say what is true

I wish the world would see
All that we could be

I understand their sorrow
And I understand their plight
There’s no such thing as wrong
And there’s no such thing as right

Why don’t we all agree
Why can’t we get along
Let those with a voice
Finally sing their song

The people and their laughing
The victims and their sighs
I wish the world would wake up
And see the twisted lies

There’s nothing I can do
Besides walk out that door
And vow to not return
Until they laugh no more

I think bullying is a big problem, and it’s great that we are getting involved. Thank you!
-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment